Building and Land
David Schroder has volunteered to help us move forward in our land purchase and building construction for the Home of Good Hope.
David is British but has been living in Hong Kong for 29 years. We are very fortunate to have someone with his expertise, He is a fully qualified Chartered Project Management Surveyor, Chartered Building Surveyor and I hold a Master of Science Degree in Facility Management.
He is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (United Kingdom) (MRICS) and a Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (MHKIS).
He has forty years of experience in the design, improvement, alteration and maintenance of buildings (15 years on educational and office buildings in the United Kingdom and 25 years on housing and offices in Hong Kong). He was one of the only experts who was kept on when the Chinese takeover occurred.
He has advised us on design, detailing, preparation of statutory submissions and project management and other construction related aspects of the project.
David sourced out local leaders who could assist us regarding the land purchase. He arranged:
- Architects to design the building.
- Made the necessary arrangements for land preparation.
- A Purchase Application for Erf No 87 was submitted by the HOGH to the City of Windhoek. (land in picture with Monica and Eileen).
- Town Planning Consultants to assist HOGH in approaching the Municipality on monthly basis to obtain the current land status and feedback accordingly.
- Initial Design Drawing with a cover letter to be distributed to:
- The Minister of Urban and Cultural Development.
- The Mayor of the City of Windhoek.
- The Council for the Samora Machel Constituency.
David and his wife Margaret worked tirelessly for two months. They have agreed to come back to Namibia to oversee the construction of the building as soon as we are able to purchase the land. This generous offer is invaluable!